What the P0453 code means?
A P0453 code means that a analysis from the engine's evaporative pressure sensor is higher than usual, indicating changes in pressure that are out of factory requirement.
What causes the P0453 code?
1. Open on FTP sensor signal wire
2. Short to voltage on FTP sensor signal wire
3. Bad FTP sensor
4. Abnormally high pressures in fuel tank due to blockage in EVAP purge hoses or overfilled tank
5. Loose/damaged FTP sensor connector
6. Loss of ground to the sensor
What are the symptoms of the P0453 code?
As with the majority EVAP emission problem codes the Error Code P0453 don't come with obvious symptoms other than the activation of the Check Engine light. In some cases however, they may be noticeable fuel odors due to released fuel vapors.
Common mistakes when diagnosing the P0453 code?
Evaporative emission control systems components are often replaced in mistake when a vacuum leak is there or the fuel cap is not properly tighten.
How to Check:
1. The normal voltage is about 2.5V, and should never go higher than 4.5V. A analysis with 2.7V with gas
cap off, May means irregular trouble.
2. Using a digital volt/ohmmeter measure the voltage at the signal wire and wiggle-test the wiring at the FTP sensor. Fluctuations in voltage during wiggle-test could revenue connector trouble, such as decay or dampness in the wiring, or broken electric wiring
3. If the scan tool shows voltage higher than 4.5V, try unplugging the sensor and recheck the voltage. If the voltage is still high while the sensor is unplugged, check the wiring bind and look for signs of short on the sign wire. If high voltage disappear when the sensor is unplugged, check the sensor's ground and for good reference voltage provide of the sensor.
4. If the sensor has a good ground and 5V reference voltage, then there's a good chance that the cause of the problem is failed sensor. In this case, it must be replaced.
5. The pressure sensor can as well be tested using a vacuum gauge while connected to the wiring attach, as you can see as of the data stream's modify on a scan tool.
What repairs can fix the P0453 code?
1. Repair or replacement of wiring
2. Repair or replacement of connections
3. Checking EVAP pressure sensor