What the P0022 code means?
P0022 is the OBD-II all-purpose code which point out that the Engine Control Module (ECM) has firm the intake camshaft timing for bank 2 is more hold back than what the ECM has authority it be. This over-retarded timing condition could be during the advancing or retarding phase of the camshaft timing.
What causes the P0022 code?
Typical causes for this code are a faulty VVT or VCT solenoid, incorrect camshaft timing, or a fault in the connectors or electrical wiring circuitry. Since many VVT and VCT components are stabilized using oil pressure, a low oil level or oil pressure condition could also be a cause of this circumstance. If this code is exhibit immediately after a timing belt or chain substitution, then suspect misalignment of timing components as the main cause.
What are the symptoms of the P0022 code?
Check Engine Light
Rough engine performance
Lower fuel economy
Common mistakes when diagnosing the P0022 code?
System sensors and the PCM are frequently replaced in error, when wrong timing position is the trouble.
What repairs can fix the P0022 code?
• Resetting the error codes and performing a road test
• Replace the oil and filter using the good oil viscosity for the engine
• Repairing or replacing the wiring or connection to the camshaft oil control valve (OCV)
• Replace the camshaft oil manage valve for the bank 2 intake camshaft
• Inspection the timing chain position and cam phasers for damage