What the P0753 code means?
While the vehicle computer controls the shifting in an automatic transmission utilizing the shift solenoids, any variation in the gear ratio of the gears can cause the storage of a P0753 trouble code and the illumination of the Check Engine Light.
What causes the P0753 code?
Insufficient fluid level
Dirty or contaminated fluid
Dirty or clogged transmission filter
Defective transmission valve body
Restricted hydraulic passages
Transmission has internal failure
Faulty shift solenoid
What are the symptoms of the P0753 code?
1. Check Engine Light will illuminate
2. Vehicle will not shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear properly
3. Decrease in fuel economy
4. In unusual cases, there are no adverse conditions noticed by the driver
Common mistakes when diagnosing the P0753 code:
Technicians report that more frequently than not, faulty shift solenoid circuit malfunctions cause this code, and shift solenoid malfunctions are diagnosed and replaced in error.
What repairs can fix the P0753 code?
1. Fill the transmission fluid if low in an attempt to fix any leaks.
2. Once any leaks are repaired, fill the transmission to capacity with fluid.
3. If the transmission fluid has a burnt or abnormal smell or has debris from the clutch or transmission in it, the mechanic might have to rebuild the transmission due to excessive damage suffered from a low fluid condition.
4. This process also requires a fluid flush and replacement and the installation of a new torque converter.