Auto Answers » View Question
Mark Rainey
Mark ... 6/24/2010
1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 6 Cyl 3.3L - Steering & Suspension
How to change tie rod ends?
1 Answer
  • Jimm
    Jimm 8/10/2012
    Not difficult to change the tie rod end (outer). First, raise and support the front end - suspend both front wheels off the ground. Next, remove the tie rod end cotter pin (if equipped) and rod end nut. Next, using a tie rod tool (pickle fork) and heavy hammer - remove (separate) the tie rod from the steering knuckle. Loosen the tie rod sleeve and remove the tie rod end - counting the turns. This count will help to install the new tie rod end in the same basic position.
    More difficult to change the inner tie rod end.
    Try the many on-line auto parts sources, such as; or for the replacement parts.

Preview Answer