Auto Answers » View Question
Joe 11/21/2012
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 8 Cyl 4.7L - Body & Interior
How do I change the hydraulic lift arms on the trunk lid?
Specifically what tool is required to remove the factory parts?
2 Answers
  • Jimm
    Jimm 11/21/2012
    A simple flat blade screwdriver. The gas springs simply just pop off, and the new ones simply snap back into place - very easy to remove and install.
  • merabdickens4
    merabdickens4 2/15/2013
    Repairing an hydraulic is fairly easy on most vehicles. There are some vehicles that will block access to the hydraulic or have confusing custom brackets. In that case, consult your owner's manual or a local dealership service department. For those with easy access, simply open your trunk, secure it in place making sure it will stay open once they are removed, remove the bolts for the old struts, and attach the new struts and bolts in their place


Preview Answer