Auto Answers » View Question
jlabella9 1/24/2013
1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 6 Cyl 4.0L - Brakes
I am doing a drum to disc conversion on the rear brakes. Do I need to change the proportioning valve?
1 Answer
  • Jimm
    Jimm 1/25/2013
    You can not get a different combo valve from Jeep / DC for the same year that had both drums or rear discs irrespective of ABS up until about 2005. Previous to that, one valve was used for both - which leads me to believe that the residual pressure function is being accomplished in some other manner.
    Short answer - the brake proportioning valve should be the same for the disc brake as well as the drum brake set-up.

Preview Answer