Auto Answers » View Question
BRIAN 4/2/2010
2002 Ford Explorer XLT 8 Cyl 4.6L - Transmissions & Drivetrains
Drivetrain. It fills like coming from the backend.
When starting to move from a stop I fill a chatter or something like that. Also when turning. I went to a dealer said to add a additive friction modifier. But I can't locate to plug. Can you help?
2 Answers
  • HouseCallAuto
    HouseCallAuto 4/2/2010
    There is a TSB 06-4-4 that talks about the rear differential chatter. I suggest that you ask Ford for a printout of it. And the plug is back there, it has to be.
  • skjdave
    skjdave 4/3/2010
    The fill plug is located on the front or leading side of the differential housing 2/3 up from bottom. It's hard to see but you can feel for it.

Preview Answer