» View Question

bruce 4/14/2011

1991 GMC S15 Jimmy Base 6 Cyl 4.3L

Body & Interior

Keep blowing the fuse that covers the horn and cigarette lighter, dome light and CD player.

Radio goes off if you open the door or push horn button. Replaced fuse for lighter circuit and sometimes it blows immediately and other times it will last a day or two

1 Answer

Nissan Technical Advisor

Blowing fuse is caused by short circuit in the wiring harness. A chaffed or cracked wire touched other wires or the positive wire touched the ground creating a short circuit. Best for you to test the wires for reisitance and voltage to determine which wire is faulty. Replace wire as needed.


Answer this question

( characters left)

Follow Question

what's this?