O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
What does that mean?
This code means that the heated circuit in the oxygen sensor on bank 1 decreases time needed to enter closed loop. As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0141. See also: P0135 (Bank 1, Sensor 1).
You will likely notice poor fuel economy the illumination of the Check Engine Light.
A code P0141 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
* open or short to ground in the wiring harness
* O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance
* O2 heater element resistance is high
* Internal short or open in the heater element
Note: Typically a failed catalytic converter does not cause this code. You're more likely to see a P0420 code for a failed converter.
* Replace oxygen sensor (cannot repair open or short that occurs internally to sensor)
* Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors