What the P2112 code means?
P2112 is a general ODB2 diagnostic trouble code indicating a fault with the throttle actuator control system. This system may be seen with other throttle body code.
The P2112 code tells us to the throttle body actuator manage system has found a stuck congested throttle cover. When the throttle plate is stuck closed, it will not permit air into the intake manifold system. The Engine Control Unit detects the throttle plate actuator stuck closed and triggers a Check Engine Light to be set on the dashboard. In addition to the Check Engine Light, the ECU sets a failsafe mode for all engine settings that will remain until the fault is resolved or the code is repaired.
What causes the P2112 code?
1. Faulty throttle body
2. Dirty throttle plate or linkage
3. Faulty throttle position sensor
4. Defective accelerator pedal position sensor
5. Throttle actuator control motor is defective
6. Corroded or damaged connector
7. Faulty or damaged wiring
What are the symptoms of the P2112 code?
Symptoms may include black smoke at startup, poor or no acceleration, a no start condition, misfire at idle, start and stall If this code is stored, and a service engine rapidly lamp has not yet been illuminate, the code may be exposed as a pending code.
Common mistakes when diagnosing the P2112 code?
Ordinary mistakes include replace the throttle body actuator when it is either fixed closed with carbon, or the throttle body position sensor is reading rudely. Failure to follow analytic steps can lead to mistake and improper diagnosis in most cases.
What repairs can fix the P2112 code?
1. Replacing wiring harness as needed
2. Replacing faulty throttle position sensor
3. Replacing throttle body actuator
4. Fixing a poor electrical connection point
5. Unsticking the throttle body plate