What the P0015 code means?
P0015 is the OBD-II general code signifying the engine control module (ECM) has firm that the exhaust camshaft timing for bank 1 is extra retard than what the ECM has command it to be. The over-retarded timing condition can be during the advancing or retarding phase.
What causes the P0015 code?
• Incorrect camshaft timing
• electric wiring harms in intake timing control valve control solenoid system
• incessant oil flow to VCT piston chamber
• unsuccessful timing valve control solenoid
What are the symptoms of the P0015 code?
Sign include unevenness when idling and accelerating accompany with reduced fuel economy and engine recital. A code will be stored in the PCM and a go wrong indicator lamp will be illuminated.
Common mistakes when diagnosing the P0015 code?
System sensors and the PCM are frequently replaced in error, when wrong timing alignment is the trouble.
What repairs can fix the P0015 code?
• change around the fault codes and performing a road test
• change camshaft phasers on both camshaft banks
• Repairing the wiring or link to the camshaft OCV
• change the camshaft OCV for bank 1 exhaust camshaft
• change timing chain and guides