What the P0572 code means?
The P0572 code means that the car's computer has detected lower than normal voltage from the brake switch circuit. The brake switch is used for multiple purposes within the vehicle, including operating the shift interlock, turning the brake lights on when the pedal is pressed and deactivating cruise control while driving. If the computer determines that the brake switch circuit voltage is low, it will disable cruise control and usually set the P0572 code.
What causes the P0572 code?
1. Cruise control/Brake switch defective
2. Wiring issue
3. ECM (engine control module) issue
4. Debris/dirt mechanically hindering brake switch operation
5. Brake switch not adjusted properly
6. Brake switch out of its mount
What are the symptoms of the P0572 code?
1. Brake lights may not illuminate
2. Cruise control will not operate
Common mistakes when diagnosing the P0572 code:
Be sure to check for blown fuses after replacing faulty components. Often multiple components are replaced because of a blown fuse.
What repairs can fix the P0572 code?
1. Replacing a failed cruise control switch
2. Adjusting a poorly adjusted brake light switch
3. Replacing blown fuses
4. Replacing faulty cruise control modules