» View Question

Pulkkinen 4/27/2010

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Classic LT 8 Cyl 6.6L

Body & Interior

I just had a 3" body lift that was on my truck when I bought removed now I need a fan drode?

I am not sure what the mechanic told me to get but in keeps the fan from nicking the rubber or plastic which is cut to install a body lift. I want to say he called a fan drode but I came up empty when searching. Does any one know what it is I am trying to explain? He zipped tied it together and told me to order one asap. I think it basically mounts the top part of the fan to the vehical.

1 Answer


Bobby 4/27/2010

Did he say a fan shroud, thats probably what he meant the origonal fan shroud was probably cut to allow for the body lift and he's saying you need to buy a new one. You might have a hard time finding an aftermarket one for the 6.6 might be a dealer only item.


Answer this question

( characters left)

Follow Question

what's this?