Volkswagen body & interior repair questions and answers
Post your Volkswagen body & interior question or share what you know by answering questions
Browse Volkswagen Categories
Sean - 2004 Volkswagen Passat - Body & Interior - 4/6/2012
gary - 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio - Body & Interior - 4/4/2012Sometimes the speedometer and tach work and other times when I start up neither work. All other gauges work. What would be best to look for. No constant pattern when this happens, could work for a week straight then not work 1 time and go back to working, other ...
4/3/2012 EG9 K20A3Try cleaning up the speedometer sensor on the transmission. This may be done by pulling the unit from the transmission housing, then cleaning and lubricating the moving parts. I used to have almost the same problem, no speed signal (Tach OK) I found an instrument cluster at a junkyard and now it works fine but very high mileage on it, of course kept it in but if I ever sell my car I guess I'll change it back.
4/4/2012 EG9 K20A3Good luck and hope that takes care of it.
mohammed - 2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Body & Interior - 4/4/2012This happened after I changed the engine oil
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 4/3/2012Hey guys, when your truck get the problem,what will you do？to goto the garage or repair it by yourself？ Are there any good diagnostic tool to recommend? i haven't checked my little truck for a long time. next week,I have to go away. So I want to do a thorough ...
4/3/2012 EG9 K20A3Depends really. I only go to a garage to get a diagnosis, sometimes online works but sometimes it doesnt, there are problems which can be diagnosed online. But you cant deny the fact that some of the problems cars have a are simple and whatever way you look at it, nothing beats personal face to face diagnosis.
NOW, after the guy in the shop tells me what the problem is, i ask myself if its worth the time and effort. If it is, i do it myself, otherwise i just pay someone to do it. ERGO, I'm lazy so i ask someone else to do it with my supervision to avoid getting scammed. Although i fix cars here and there, i use most of my knowledge to avoid being scammed. Besides, in my country, labor is dirt cheap, cheaper than Mexico infact (One of the perks living in a 3rd world country) in the US they charge you an arm and a leg for an hours service not to mention they follow this book for labor hours to squeeze more money from you.
For the scan tool, i go with Ross Tech VAG
elias - 2002 Volkswagen Passat - Body & Interior - 3/31/2012I need to install the passenger side wire harness inside the light
3/31/2012 EG9 K20A3Wasnt able to see the video due to restrictions in my computer, i just based it on the title.
Anyway, it requires an oven so the silicone or whatever adhesive will melt so you can explore the innards of your headlight
Source: Thats what i always do and i hope the same thing applies to your vehicle.
How to (Just in case)
First off, the screws holding on the pan cover on my car aren't there so I didn't have to worry about that. I don't know how important the screws (#6 on the illustration) are for this process, so do what you think is right.
1. Get a #25 Torx screw driver and a #30 (or a metric hex key set for one screw). You could use a socket, but put it on the end of a nutdriver. An extension might be nice for a couple of the screws.
2. Remove the screws from the wheel wells first and replace them last. You don't need to jack up your car, but it helps to turn the wheels in to remove the screws. After you remove the screws, set 'em where they'll be easy to find.
3. No need to completely remove the grille (or the emblem) from the car. Two screws on top of the grille will let you take it mostly off to get at the four bumper mounting screws below.
4. After you remove all of the screws, slide the bumper out, but not all the way off. It's flexible so you can work around it.
5. In addition to the obvious screws holding the assembly in, there's a bracket underneath each headlight assembly. It's a #27 Torx or you can also use a 3mm hex. You can probably leave it in place, but it takes only a second to remove and the assembly will slide right out.
6. Unplug the assembly as you pull the assembly out.
7. With the old assembly and new side by side:
Adjust the screws to match.
Check for ALL bulbs
Put all covers in place
Swap out the turn signal lamp making sure to use the old sockets
8. Slide the assembly back in, connect the wiring.
HUSKRZ - 2006 Volkswagen Touareg - Body & Interior - 3/29/2012Drivers side flickers every now and then and goes out, but comes back on.
3/15/2012 Spoon SportsThe only person that can tell if you have HID (xenon) lamps is you. Do your headlights look like normal headlights or is the light that comes out of there really blue and bright like daylight? These have problems with failing bulbs that cause this so I'd be weary of that diagnosis. I've usually seen the bulbs cause this problems although the technical bulliten that deals with it does say the connector can cause it. Regardless VW probably doesn't just sell the connector most likely you have to replace part of the harness if that truly is the problem. I would live with the flickering until you can swap the bulb from the drivers to the passenger side and see if the flicker stays on the driver's side or not.
Another thing I've seen cause this is where the headlight isn't completely seated into the car and you can get out and push against the headlight assembly and it stops flickering.
Anyway, heres how to do it
3/29/2012 GTI MKVIts very hard, I replace my own and took me about 1 hour.
ks - 2004 Volkswagen Beetle - Body & Interior - 3/29/2012Ok, so now the buzzer for the lights and keys stopped working AND when I press the window button the lights dim, why?
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/28/2012what should i do when both car keys were lost? The first key was thrown to the closestool by my little guy. The second key was in my pocket and vanish from sight. What should I do?
RCF22 - 1998 Volkswagen Beetle - Body & Interior - 3/27/2012The driver side control for the passenger window is broken, how do I replace the control set.
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/27/2012Hey,boys and girls!I am car lover!Usually，I get some repair by myself.I like searching for some useful and helpful car diagnostic tools.Just like Super VAG K+CAN V4.8 Newest Version.I usually used it.Quiet useful to VW.Now I want to change my car.Maybe BMW X5.So I ...
Allen André - 2002 Volkswagen Jetta - Body & Interior - 3/27/2012.
DPrez1 - 2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Body & Interior - 3/26/2012I was told that it is in the area of the cabin filter but I cannot locate it.
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/23/2012Is the Volvo vida dice can be used for more than reading specific volvo error code, meaning can I clean error code like ABS, SRS, .... can I reset service light with it ? Is it also possible to send some commands, like configuring power electric side window glass ?
3/16/2012 Spoon SportsDescription:
1. DiCE Diagnostic Communication Equipment, is a tool that is used together with VIDA all-in-one to communicate with the vehicle. Communication makes diagnosing and troubleshooting the vehicle possible, as well as downloading software.
2. Dice has an integrated CARB cable, which is connected to the vehicle’s diagnostic socket. When connect to the vehicle, DiCE is powered as long as the battery is charged.
3. DiCE has a folding hook that is designed for hanging the unit from one of the grab handles in the vehicle for example.
4. DiCE is equipped with four status LEDs that indicate the status of the software, the USB and Bluetooth communication and the interface to the car.
5. At one end of the unit, there is a DC input where a battery cable or adaptor(12V) can be connected. The adaptor is used when upgrading and troubleshooting the DiCE.
6. In the other end of the unit, there is a removable cover that could be removed by turing the screw on the cover.
1. Administration - General information, design and function
2. Standard components, service materials and consumables. General information (among other things, control modules, SRS, general safety) as well as 3.service and maintenance
3. Engine with mounting and equipment
4. Electrical system
5. Power transmission
7. Suspension and steering
8. Springs, shock absorbers and wheels
9. Body and interior - among other things, diagnostics, design and function, repair and spare part information
10 .Other - special vehicles, e.g., ambulances, police cars. Components that deviate from standard.
1. It must be windows XP SP3
2. It need to be Internet Explorer 8
3. Computer memory need over 2GRAM
4. C: disk must have 16GB space
5. Software must install on C: disk
6. It must be NTFS format
1. DICE device with OBDII cable
2. USB A to MINI USB angled cable
3. DVD with VIDA 2010D English (activated)
4. Version we offer now: VIDA 2010D English (locally activated, no online services; login as "Info-pc")
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/23/2012I am nissan car lover.usually,i fix it up by myself when my car get some problem.sometimes, i can't find the reason of problem.so i want to find some diagnostic tools for my nissan teana .profession tool will be better.the device should be used for more than reading ...
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/22/2012what should i do when both car keys were lost? The first key was thrown to the closestool by my little guy. The second key was in my pocket and vanish from sight. What should I do?