Volkswagen body & interior repair questions and answers
Post your Volkswagen body & interior question or share what you know by answering questions
Browse Volkswagen Categories
HUSKRZ - 2006 Volkswagen Touareg - Body & Interior - 3/29/2012Drivers side flickers every now and then and goes out, but comes back on.
3/15/2012 Spoon SportsThe only person that can tell if you have HID (xenon) lamps is you. Do your headlights look like normal headlights or is the light that comes out of there really blue and bright like daylight? These have problems with failing bulbs that cause this so I'd be weary of that diagnosis. I've usually seen the bulbs cause this problems although the technical bulliten that deals with it does say the connector can cause it. Regardless VW probably doesn't just sell the connector most likely you have to replace part of the harness if that truly is the problem. I would live with the flickering until you can swap the bulb from the drivers to the passenger side and see if the flicker stays on the driver's side or not.
Another thing I've seen cause this is where the headlight isn't completely seated into the car and you can get out and push against the headlight assembly and it stops flickering.
Anyway, heres how to do it
3/29/2012 GTI MKVIts very hard, I replace my own and took me about 1 hour.
ks - 2004 Volkswagen Beetle - Body & Interior - 3/29/2012Ok, so now the buzzer for the lights and keys stopped working AND when I press the window button the lights dim, why?
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/28/2012what should i do when both car keys were lost? The first key was thrown to the closestool by my little guy. The second key was in my pocket and vanish from sight. What should I do?
RCF22 - 1998 Volkswagen Beetle - Body & Interior - 3/27/2012The driver side control for the passenger window is broken, how do I replace the control set.
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/27/2012Hey,boys and girls!I am car lover!Usually，I get some repair by myself.I like searching for some useful and helpful car diagnostic tools.Just like Super VAG K+CAN V4.8 Newest Version.I usually used it.Quiet useful to VW.Now I want to change my car.Maybe BMW X5.So I ...
Allen André - 2002 Volkswagen Jetta - Body & Interior - 3/27/2012.
DPrez1 - 2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Body & Interior - 3/26/2012I was told that it is in the area of the cabin filter but I cannot locate it.
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/23/2012Is the Volvo vida dice can be used for more than reading specific volvo error code, meaning can I clean error code like ABS, SRS, .... can I reset service light with it ? Is it also possible to send some commands, like configuring power electric side window glass ?
3/16/2012 Spoon SportsDescription:
1. DiCE Diagnostic Communication Equipment, is a tool that is used together with VIDA all-in-one to communicate with the vehicle. Communication makes diagnosing and troubleshooting the vehicle possible, as well as downloading software.
2. Dice has an integrated CARB cable, which is connected to the vehicle’s diagnostic socket. When connect to the vehicle, DiCE is powered as long as the battery is charged.
3. DiCE has a folding hook that is designed for hanging the unit from one of the grab handles in the vehicle for example.
4. DiCE is equipped with four status LEDs that indicate the status of the software, the USB and Bluetooth communication and the interface to the car.
5. At one end of the unit, there is a DC input where a battery cable or adaptor(12V) can be connected. The adaptor is used when upgrading and troubleshooting the DiCE.
6. In the other end of the unit, there is a removable cover that could be removed by turing the screw on the cover.
1. Administration - General information, design and function
2. Standard components, service materials and consumables. General information (among other things, control modules, SRS, general safety) as well as 3.service and maintenance
3. Engine with mounting and equipment
4. Electrical system
5. Power transmission
7. Suspension and steering
8. Springs, shock absorbers and wheels
9. Body and interior - among other things, diagnostics, design and function, repair and spare part information
10 .Other - special vehicles, e.g., ambulances, police cars. Components that deviate from standard.
1. It must be windows XP SP3
2. It need to be Internet Explorer 8
3. Computer memory need over 2GRAM
4. C: disk must have 16GB space
5. Software must install on C: disk
6. It must be NTFS format
1. DICE device with OBDII cable
2. USB A to MINI USB angled cable
3. DVD with VIDA 2010D English (activated)
4. Version we offer now: VIDA 2010D English (locally activated, no online services; login as "Info-pc")
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/23/2012I am nissan car lover.usually,i fix it up by myself when my car get some problem.sometimes, i can't find the reason of problem.so i want to find some diagnostic tools for my nissan teana .profession tool will be better.the device should be used for more than reading ...
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/22/2012what should i do when both car keys were lost? The first key was thrown to the closestool by my little guy. The second key was in my pocket and vanish from sight. What should I do?
joyce wilson - 1990 Volkswagen Cabriolet - Body & Interior - 3/21/2012Right roof clamp for convertible broke
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/21/2012Last week,i bought a Used car hyundai moinca . it has run 50,000 kilometers. I want to get an overall car diagnosis. I want to know how much should i afford to repair it in garage and what diagnostic tools should i need if i want to repair it by myself. Hoping ...
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/20/2012I want to find out some useful and profession car diagnostic tools for my audi a4.i have looked for it for a long time,but still no suitable for me.:s the tool should be worked in my car.my car is audi a4 2004.my friend told me the ...
gideon - 1995 Volkswagen Jetta - Body & Interior - 3/20/2012I dont think that my air bag has ever gone off.
socloudy - 2011 Volkswagen Golf - Body & Interior - 3/19/2012recently,i want to fix my old toyota camry.it bought in2005.the engine got some problems. i want to use some tool that can read the fault code from the car. dose someone use it? how about the autocom cdp? any other code reader to recommend?Any information will be ...
3/19/2012 JimmYou can have the OBD II (on-board diagnostics) system scanned - for free - at any local auto parts store. You can also purchase a handheld scanner for around $30-$50.00; I purchased mine from Amazon - and it came with the PC DVD for the various codes. Plus it has free on-line upgrades for the software and related codes. Paid for itself the first time I used it nearly three years ago.