Auto Answers » View Question
joseq 3/30/2010
2002 Dodge Dakota SLT 6Cyl3.9L - Brakes
I need a part on my front passenger side wheel.
I need to replace the part that the brake caliper attaches to.what is it called?I was told at advance that it's called a spindle, but I can't find it in any of the auto part websites.
1 Answer
  • barryp
    barryp 4/2/2010
    The part you're looking for is a"steering knuckle". You'll probably have to get it from a dealer. Another option would be from a salvage yard. I work in a body shop and we use salvage knuckles frequently without problems. If the problem is with the threaded hole, it can be repaired.

Preview Answer

AutoMD Verified Customer
AutoMD obtained proof this customer interacted with the shop.