Bobby 4/9/2010if it is not getting spark check the coil packs, also check and make sure you have the firing order correct.
jerry lynch 4/9/2010the eng ran when i pulled it so i did not mess with the coil packs or the firing order. also does the knock sensor have to be plugged in because it is diferent that the one on the 2000 eng. where is the crash button for the fuel pump so i can double check that & is there any way that i can bleed the fuel sys
HouseCallAuto 4/9/2010If the security light is on while turning the key to start the engine, this is what is preventing the startup. The Passlock Anti-Theft system will disable the fuel injectors. Try a passlock relearn procedure >>
Perform the Passlock learn procedure as follows:
1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes.
6. The fourth time the engine is cranked, it should start and run.
Good luck and let me know the outcome