HouseCallAuto 8/6/201247 psi with the engine running is way too high and will cause running rich. The cause of high fuel ressure is a bad fuel pressure regulator mounted to the side of the throttle body. Has to be 36 psi. or very close to that.
HouseCallAuto 8/5/2012Please elaborate much more about the "flooding", how you know it is flooding and all that. I want to help but please get me up to speed where you are with this. Just saying it is flooding does not mean you are right. provide me with enough info for me to agree or disagree with you.
1. Verify there is no fuel coming from either fuel injector with the key on engine off.
2. Check fuel pressure - specification is 36 PSI.
3. Check the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor output voltage on the Green/Black wire - look for 0.3 - 0.5 volts key on engine off and about 1.5 volts at warm idle.
4. Check the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor voltage on the Light Green/Red wire - look for about 1.0 volt on a full warm engine.
5. Check the O2 sensor voltage to see if it shows rich (up near 1.0 volt).